panelarrow

Hello Tech Blog

Get a grip on what's new in Technology

December 8, 2016
by admin
Comments Off on Some Suggestions for Christmas Gifts

Some Suggestions for Christmas Gifts

Share Button

If you like gadgets then I have some great suggestions for this Christmas season. If your spouse likes to watch TV then I would recommend purchasing a home theater system. Even though you might already have a television, such a system can really improve the sound quality. Nowadays most big-screen TVs have fairly poor sound quality. That is because the speakers which are integrated into the television have to be very small due to the limited space. That obviously affects the sound quality. Therefore, setting up some external speakers is usually a great idea. But why not set up some rear speakers while you are at it. To do this, all you would need to do is purchase a home theater kit which is already prepackaged has all of the components.

wireless loudspeakers

You could either purchase online by going to Amazon or by visiting your local retailer. If you already have loudspeakers then why not combine them with your TV. If your TV doesn’t have an analog audio output you could …

August 6, 2016
by admin
Comments Off on Tips for Properly Setting up Loudspeakers

Tips for Properly Setting up Loudspeakers

Share Button

Loudspeakers are an essential element in almost every home audio setup. In fact, if you haven’t purchased your components yet then I would reserve at the 70% of your money for purchasing some decent loudspeakers. Loudspeakers are causing most if not all the distortion that the audio experiences. The other 30% should be spend on some decent components as well as good audio in the connecting cables.

When setting up your loudspeakers, I recommend to place them on a solid surface. Even better you might want to purchase some speaker stands which are available from the speaker manufacturer. The stands are custom designed for your specific model and purchasing a stand ensures that the speaker can be positioned properly and also will not fall down to the floor.

When setting up a home theater, you will need a subwoofer in addition to your full-frequency speakers. Since you have a subwoofer, the speakers themselves can be a bit smaller and thus not half as much lower frequency response as you …

June 11, 2016
by admin
Comments Off on How to Rip Music from a CD

How to Rip Music from a CD

Share Button

In today’s age of digital audio, many people decide to take music on the cell phone. However, most cell phones don’t allow storing songs directly in the same format as they are available on the CD. In addition, a CD cannot directly be copied onto a cell phone. Therefore, an additional step is required. This step is done by using a CD ripping software.

You can either download a software that can rip a CD for free or you can purchase a paid version. Paid versions usually have additional features and offer support from the vendor. However, there some decent freeware versions available that can be used. What is important is that you have a CD-ROM or DVD rom drive. This drive can be used to extract the audio data which is stored on a CD. Before inserting the CD into the drive, however, you should make sure that the CD is clean and doesn’t have any scratches. Scratches can degrade the audio.

Then it is time to …